We have a new email address!
Our new email address is email@example.com - please update your contact information with this new address.
The New York State Building Officials Conference was formed in 1928 by a group of building officials who met informally to discuss mutual problems related to their work. It was in 1930 in Syracuse that the group formally organized electing James Armstrong of Yonkers its president. However, by 1931, the impact of the depression was being felt, and the organization did not meet again until June 1946, when some 100 building officials from all over the state answered the call to meet at the Seneca Hotel in Rochester to reconvene the Conference. A full slate of officers was elected, working committees established and efforts to form local chapters were begun. The Conference voted to affiliate with BOCA, the Building Officials and Code Administrators, a nationwide organization.
Our own Tri County Chapter, officially called the Orange-Catskill Chapter, was organized in the late 1950’s at a golf course in Middletown. For that we can thank Brother James Stewart of Middletown, host of the meeting, along with Earl Ferguson of Colonie, who was a past president of the State Conference. We must also credit for our existence and for the great expansion of the State Conference, Eugene Malone, a field construction engineer for the State, who helped so many of the present chapters throughout the state get organized.